Monday, January 26, 2015

Use Web Savvy YouTube Traffic Generation to Get Prospects to Your Site


This is one method of generating traffic that I know for a fact works very fast.  I actually learned all about creating videos back in 2007 while working on my Master’s Degree in Education Technology with Boise State University.

One of the classes I took was “Educating with YouTube” believe it or not.  In that class, we had to create scripted, well edited educational videos and post them to YouTube.  Actually, there was more to it than all that; we had to create a YouTube educational channel, use various types of video editing and screen capture software like Camtasia among other things to make our instructional videos.

One of the first videos I created was one called “Facebook for Beginners”.  For that video assignment I had to build a lesson plan, write a step by step script, and then execute it and post it to my YouTube channel.  Of course all of this had to be submitted to my professors.

If you want to see it, here it is: 





I had beginners luck with this video.  To date I’ve had over 26, 000 views and it seemed to gain popularity very quickly.  Now some Internet marketers out there are going to roll their eyes at that count, and they would be right.  But for a person that tried it out for the first time, it was a good start.
 
Getting to the Top of The SERPS and Not Even Knowing it!

The other thing I learned about this that hit me like a Ton ̶ O ̶ Bricks was how fast the search term “Facebook for Beginners” went to the top of Google’s Search Engine Results Pages.  I was at the top of Google for that term for quite some time.                                                                    (Update: I’m no longer at the top of the Google’s SERPS for this term, unless you search under Google’s Video link at the top of Googles main page.  It’s still there after all these years, right in the middle of the page!)

The beauty of all this is that you can add your URL Website address to your video channel or display it in your video itself.  At the time, I wasn’t thinking about making money or gaining traffic on the Internet. I was just worried about getting an “A” in my YouTube class. 

Bad Videos and How They Can Cheese You Off!

Since taking this class, I’ve seen a lot of YouTube videos, especially instructional ones.  The problem with a large percentage of them is that they are horrible, mainly because most of them are unscripted.  Let’s say you search online for a Photoshop tip and find a video you think is going to quickly and succ where the person that created the video with Camtasia, has a bad microphone, so you can barely hear his or her voice.   

Then there’s the incredible dialogue with a lot of …uh…ya know…….uhhh……stuff…like…..uhhhh…..ya know ….stuff….like this!

If you’re like me, you hate, hate, hate, to waste time with someone that beats around the bush about what they are trying to tell you.  You can obviously tell the person that’s behind the

So, over the course of the next couple of days, we are going to take a look at what makes a good instructional video, why you would want to make one and how to do it as cheap as possible. 
Hint:  It’s the same principle as when you are trying to write Web content, if you write total crap, nobody will look at your material.  They’ll go to your site, see that you’re wasting their time because the content sucks and then leave.

So, tomorrow, I’ll write the first installment on how to create a good video with well organized content. In the meantime, if you want to watch a rather entertaining video on making money, here it is:

How to Make Interesting Money Making Videos




Mark “Elmo” Ellis

"When it Comes to High-Response Copy - I've Got Your Back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment