Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Samsung's Incredible Customer Service - A Successful Model For Marketers to Follow!

Samsung's Amazing Customer Service
There's always room to learn about marketing from an experience.  This was a pleasant surprise for me because whenever I have a problem with a big corporation, it's usually not a very good experience.  


Last night I had to call the company up because there was a drive for their new printer that was preventing it from working properly.  We had bought the printer from Samsung but it was on sale and even though the printer wasn't that old, the drivers still needed to be updated.

So I didn't realize the drivers had to be updated and I decided to call them up.

However, in the past, I've had to deal with companies that seem to love to make their customer service a “hidden service”. 

However... 

You can have the greatest marketing plan in the world, but if you don’t back it up with a good
product, and customer service, all that great marketing will go to waste. 

So, I was prepared for battle.  I looked online expecting a long hard search for Samsung’s customer service number. Within the first 4 or 5 keystrokes, there was Samsung’s customer service number in big, bold lettering staring me in the face on Google results page for the name "Samsung".

I called and went through a menu that took me exactly to the service department I needed to talk to.  I was very surprised that I didn't have to listen to elevator music for 30 minutes, like I usually do with tech departments.

A Really Pleasant Surprise!

What I think Miss Judy
looked like.
 The initial screen-er profusely apologized for the problems I was experiencing, and he took some of my information. 

Before I knew it, I was on the phone with a nice lady named Judy.  Judy profusely apologized about 5 times for the problems I was experiencing and she reassured me that we would have them fixed in no time.

 After giving her some more information, she remotely accessed my computer and fixed the problems herself, without my having to touch the computer at all.  The only thing that took some time was she downloaded a batch of drivers into my computer.

Since I live in out in the country, my Internet connection isn't too fast, so those downloads took a little bit of time.

By the time Miss Judy was finished, the printer worked better than before.

Once again, she apologized for the problems I was experiencing and asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

I told her that she was wonderful and that Samsung was my new pal. 


I now own a new Samsung tablet.

In my humble opinion this is marketing done right.  I can't count the times I've tried to call a company or tried to communicate a problem I'm having with a product only to find that the contact information has been deeply hidden inside of a sealed vault.

Man, that is horrible marketing.  

There is absolutely NOTHING that gets my blood boiling red hot than having to deal with trying to find a customer service number and then once it's found, having to deal with being put on hold while listening to elevator music.

So Thanks so much Samsung for the wonderful experience you are truly going to emerge as a leader in your market!

To Your Success!

Mark “Elmo” Ellis
"When it Comes to High-Response Copy - I've Got Your Back!"
(859) 797-9560

elmo033057@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment